Skip to main content

Transcending Forms - My solo show 2019






TRANSCENDING FORMS
       by BHARVI TRIVEDI
     recent solo show @ Ahmedabad
               2019

Everything has a perception attached, a conditioning that we often carry within as we grow up and start labeling them. This relates not only to people but also the objects around us. Transcending Forms is a series of work that explores objects beyond its confined limits thereby trying to look at it in a different way and understand its own demands and limitations while creating an artwork. My journey with objects began in 2011 when I first visited Varanasi known as the spiritual capital. The city of Shiva. I observed the place, its people, the culture and its tremendous vibrancy. Sitting on the Ghats for hours and observing it’s various dimensions and flavors, I realized that it has its own nature.  It was there that I felt I wanted to work on this subject not the way it is but the way I saw, the way I felt and the way I perceived. Returning back, I was clueless how and where to begin from but I did have the urge to think out of the box and work. There wasn’t any thought process or plans but I was surely seeking. That is when I came across few objects like the board pins, wires, the cloth, threads and corrugated sheets. We all know how these elements are used but for me a different language was emerging. I used them to portray the ghats, the umbrellas, and the landscapes the way I perceived
Gradually these objects created an urge to once again challenge and take them beyond the identity that I had created and thus began this experimental abstract series. This series TRANSCENDING FORMS is an attempt to once again take these objects beyond the limit without any definition or explanation. At times it is least needed when it comes to visual aesthetics. It is then about experiencing the forms that are created, the process that one goes through. For me this series is an expansion of infinite possibilities where at times I do fumble when I am handling them and at times it flows with such ease. It has space, a textured surface; I have used white, black, blue, red, yellow and orange. In my work a single color dominates and along with it the objects that create the forms resonate and correlate. A single color dominates and I develop a flat or a textured surface. With the objects my approach is minimalist and simple. I enjoy the entire process as it has infinite possibilities. It not only makes me curious but also challenges me to look and go beyond the confined limits.

 I look forward to work with more diversified techniques and materials.


Bharvi Trivedi






 
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ART IS A JOURNEY

    Ronak Sopariwala  "Red means Freedom and Women want Red" , Acrylic on Canvas , 24"x 36 " "The Pyre" , Watercolour on Acid free paper, 18"x 24"  Creativity is all about taking risk be it any form of art. It is an endless journey that does not have a destination. It is a continous urge within which keeps on going that enables an artist to keep on exploring and experimenting with forms, ideas ,materials and much more. It is a language of expressing ones own views through any form of art .   This completely signifies the thought process of Ronak Sopariwala, a visual artist from Ahmedabad. Ronak strongly believes that art is created by an artist and also killed by an artist. Though this seems to be a contradicting statement but it surly emphasis on the process by which any artist works, at times facing conflicts between being creative or being professional or for that matter finding a way out in between, as this ultimately depends on an indiviadua

Gujarati Film "Roll No 56" by Bhavin Trivedi ,tastes its first success

A vision that has given a new breathing space to the Gujarati Cinema. The art of cinema long forgotten is now in safe hands with young Directors like Mr. Bhavin Trivedi, who took the risk that was much required. Today when so many Gujarati films are being made and the entire senario seems to be changing for good, at times it gets difficult for filmmakers to stay true towards the art of film making. Amidst this Director Bhavin Trivedi and the Producers of 99films, a production house in Gujarat took a huge risk by coming up with their first art film "Roll No 56". This film is based on one of the sensitive child issue of our country. Intention being to leave the audience pondering as to why this happens. This film is made considering the world cinema and is being sent at various National and International Film Festivals. The very first international festival it went for was the 4th Indian Cine Film Festival 2016 which was inaugurated on the 18th September 2016 at Mumbai. It was

It's my Expression by Shri Surendra Patel

As Vincent Van Gogh quotes, "The great artist is the simplifier", and   simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. "It's my Expression" , a solo show by Shri Surendra Patel displays a series of collages, that pulls us out from the mundane, exposing us to a world that talks about simple ways of expressions. No fancy stories, no expensive materials these are all simple expressions of an artist portrayed in the most simple way with varied subjects. Engaging us to think as to how art involves and evolves. Shri Surendrabhai Patel, the owner of Vishalla Restaurant and now an enthusiast artist has an experience of more than 5 decades as a designer. He says he never plans what he would paint or do collage of. He simply begins with a piece and a shape of paper, surrenders himself allows the work to guide and gradually moves along the way, thus creating his artwork; be it mythology, forms or portraits. His experience, sense of aesthetics and design reflects prominently